The best spinning reel under $150 is the Penn Spinfisher V Spinning Reel. It’s been a top seller online with hundreds of excellent reviews (almost 600).
Penn Spinfisher V Spinning Reel Features
- Watertight spinning reel performs reliably in saltwater, freshwater and sandy environments
- Durable construction with full metal body and sideplate
- Technology balanced rotor and heavy-duty aluminum bail wire
- Sealed HT-100 Slammer drag system provides robust, silky-smooth drag
- HT-100 drag system features 3 drag washers – 1 washer on top of spool and 2 underneath
- Friction trip ramp prevents premature bail trip when casting
- Fluid cranking with 5 shielded stainless steel ball bearings and instant anti-reverse bearing
- Superline spool requires no backing and is braid ready
- Line capacity rings marked at 1/3, 2/3, and full capacity
- Low Price at under $150
- Available in 13 models with various line capacities
- 5 shielded stainless steel ball bearings
I’m amazed that this excellent spinning reel is priced under $150. It compares with other reels that are over $200 like the Shimao Stradic FK. Check out the Penn Spinfisher V here….Penn Spinfisher V Spinning Reel at Amazon.com
Penn is a big name in fishing gear and their reels have been top sellers since 1932. You can never go wrong with a Penn fishing reel or rod. They are high quality, reliable and high performance at a low price. Penn also has excellent customer service, should you need it.
I used a Penn Spinfisher V reel on a charter boat a few years ago. Charter boat fishing tackle takes a lot of serious abuse. I loved it and caught 8 fish from 3 lbs to 67 lbs. The drag system is flawless.