The best Shimano tuna rods are the Tallus Blue Water Series Slick Butt Roller Rods. You can always bet on Shimano rods and reels for bringing in the “Big Ones”. They are just the best you can buy.
I’ve been on a few Tuna charter boats and there were a lot of Shimano Tallus rods on board. They are extremely reliable and have the strength to pull in 400+ lb tuna, marlin, etc.
Shimano Tallus Blue Water Series Slickbutt Roller Rod Features
- TC4 – carbon wrapped black – ultra strong and just about indestructible. Very strong backbone for maximum leverage when pulling in big game fish like Tuna, Marlin, Sharks and Swordfish
- Aftco Roller Guides and Roller Tip – Aftco roller guides are the Standard on most trolling rods. You can’t buy a better set of roller guides today.
- Fuji Aluminum Reel seat – Fuji are simply the best reel seats made today.
- EVA Handle Grips – these are the most comfortable rod grips I have ever used. They are soft and provide a secure grip even when wet.
- Available in 4 models – Medium Heavy, Heavy, Extra Heavy and 2X Heavy.
- All models are 5’9″ in length
The Shimano Tallus Blue Water Series Trolling Rods are absolutely beautiful and they perform even better than they look. If you are interested in the Shimano Tallus rods, here is a link to start shopping….Shimano Tallus Blue Water Series Trolling Rods at Amazon.com