The best saltwater spinning reel under $200 is the Penn Spinfisher V spinning reel. Penn has been making the top fishing reels for over 80 years…I think they started in 1932. It’s really hard to beat a Penn spinning reel or any Penn fishing reel for that matter. They are just made well with the highest quality materials and top notch workmanship. Penn reels just keep bringing in the fish. They take serious abuse and keep working.
I have owned many Penn reels and have abused them. I also caught hundreds of fish with them including a 350 lb Mako and several 100+ lb drum fish. They always perform as if they are brand new. They are incredible!
It’s really hard to beat the price of Penn reels. They are high quality but low price. Best value for sure. If you are interested in the Penn Spinfisher V spinning reel, here is a link where you can get a discount on one…Penn Spinfisher V Spinning Reels at Amazon.com
Here are the specifications for the Penn Spinfisher V saltwater spinning reel.
- Watertight spinning reel performs reliably in saltwater and sandy environments
- Durable construction with full metal body, side plate, and techno balanced rotor
- Heavy-duty aluminum bail wire
- Sealed HT-100 Slammer drag system provides robust, silky-smooth drag
- Friction trip ramp prevents premature bail trip when casting
- Fluid cranking with 5 shielded stainless steel ball bearings and instant anti-reverse bearing
- Superline spool requires no backing, is braid ready, and has line capacity rings marked at 1/3, 2/3, and full capacity