The Los Angeles River Revitalization Master Project online presence or website is no longer available. Its domain was not renewed unfortunately. The project was quite remarkable and proved that some still strive to save the Earth from man’s abuse and reckless abound.
The project had the following goals:
- Establish guidelines for land use and land development
- Improve the environment and water quality
- Improve the river’s ecological function
- Provide public access to the river
- Provide ecological recreational facilities
- Support and encourage wildlife
- Provide flood control measures
- Increase community awareness
It is vital to mankind that we protect the Earth’s ecosystems and environments. It took millions of years for these systems to develop and flourish. They can be destroyed much quicker if abused.
Let’s enjoy the Earth and at the same time be smart and take care of it’s bounty of flora and fauna.