The best spinning rod under $100 is the Shakespear Ugly Stik GX2 Spinning Rod. The Ugly Stik has been the top selling spinning rod since I was a kid in the mid 70’s. I had one when I was a teen and boy did I love that rod. It was incredible. I fished everyday during the summer and caught hundreds of fish including a 17 lb catfish with 4 lb mono. You can’t go wrong with an Ugly Stik. It’s the most sensitive spinning rod I have ever used. You can feel the slightest line movement.
Shakespeare Ugly Stik GX2 Features
- Durable, lightweight fishing rod offers a balanced feel
- Virtually indestructible blank construction with a combination of graphite and fiberglass
- Clear Tip design delivers added responsiveness and strength
- Lightweight EVA grips provide comfort during lengthy fishing outings
- 1 piece stainless steel Ugly Tuff guides eliminate insert pop-outs and can be used with all types of line
- 7 foot Medium heavy Spinning Rod
- 1 piece rod construction
Get yourself a great deal on a Shakespeare Ugly Stik here….Shakespeare Ugly Stik Spinning Rods at Amazon.com
The best Shimano tuna rods are the Tallus Blue Water Series Slick Butt Roller Rods. You can always bet on Shimano rods and reels for bringing in the “Big Ones”. They are just the best you can buy.
I’ve been on a few Tuna charter boats and there were a lot of Shimano Tallus rods on board. They are extremely reliable and have the strength to pull in 400+ lb tuna, marlin, etc.
Shimano Tallus Blue Water Series Slickbutt Roller Rod Features
- TC4 – carbon wrapped black – ultra strong and just about indestructible. Very strong backbone for maximum leverage when pulling in big game fish like Tuna, Marlin, Sharks and Swordfish
- Aftco Roller Guides and Roller Tip – Aftco roller guides are the Standard on most trolling rods. You can’t buy a better set of roller guides today.
- Fuji Aluminum Reel seat – Fuji are simply the best reel seats made today.
- EVA Handle Grips – these are the most comfortable rod grips I have ever used. They are soft and provide a secure grip even when wet.
- Available in 4 models – Medium Heavy, Heavy, Extra Heavy and 2X Heavy.
- All models are 5’9″ in length
The Shimano Tallus Blue Water Series Trolling Rods are absolutely beautiful and they perform even better than they look. If you are interested in the Shimano Tallus rods, here is a link to start shopping….Shimano Tallus Blue Water Series Trolling Rods at Amazon.com
The best trolling rods for tuna are the Shimano Tallus Slick Butt Roller Rod, the Shimano Beastmaster BX STC Trolling Rod and the Penn International V Trolling rod. Choose one of these three to do battle with the huge and powerful Bluefin Tuna. Make no mistake about it…Tuna will challenge even the toughest fishing tackle and fisherman. If you don’t use the best, you will LOOSE.
Ready to start shopping? Here’s a link where you can get some really great deals on the best Tuna trolling rods… Shop Now at Amazon.com
Best Trollling Rods for Tuna – Shimano Tallus Roller Rod
- Aftco roller guides and tip
- Fuji reel seat
- TC4 construction
- EVA handle grips
- 5′ 9″ in length
- Models available from 20 lb line to 100 lb line
Best Trolling Rods for Tuna – Shimano Beastmaster BX STC
- 4 section take-down design
- XT60 carbon plus Biofibre blank
- Shimano Hardlite guides
- Pac Bay reel seat
- Pac Bay Roller Guides
- Available in 30 and 50 lb line
Best Trolling Rods for Tuna – Penn International V Trolling Rod
- Ultra-rugged Trolling fishing rod ideal for targeting Bluefin Tuna dwelling in deep waters
- 1-piece tubular glass blank construction delivers maximum strength and sensitivity
- Stuart Straight butt handle stands up to punishing environments
- Winthrop roller and Fuji Turbo guides for smooth and responsive performance
- Contoured EVA grips offer a firm and comfortable grip in slippery conditions
- Available in the following lengths: 6′, 6’4″, 6’6″ and 7′ 6″
- Available in the following line weights: 30 lb, 50 lb, 80 lb and 130 lb