The best spinning reel under $100 is the Penn Battle II Spinning Reel. Penn has been making fishing reels since 1932 and still offer some of the very best.
I used to have a Penn Senator 9/0 big game reel when I was a kid. I caught several Drum fish weighing over 75 lbs and 4 sharks that weighed over 250 lbs. The Penn Senator had a very smooth drag and heavy duty gears and spool which helped land these big fish. I love Penn reels and rods.
The Penn Battle II spinning reel is the most popular and best spinning reel under $100. It has a rating of 4.5 stars out of 5 stars by over 600 reviews. It’s just a bullet-proof reel that will bring in the “big ones”. If you are ready to start shopping, here is a link…Shop Now at Amazon.com
Best Spinning Reel under $100 -Penn Battle II Features
- Full metal body, side plate and rotor
- HT-100 carbon fiber drag washers for smooth and precise drag
- 5 sealed stainless steel ball bearings
- Instant anti reverse bearing – eliminates pullback while reeling in line
- Heavy duty aluminum bail wire
- Superline spool
- Line capacity rings
- Compatible with mono and braided line (no mono backing required)