The best spinning reel for Tuna is the Shimano Stella SWB STL 18000 or 30000 spinning reel. It’s the biggest and baddest saltwater big game spinning reel you can buy and it’s tough enough for 200+ lb tuna.
The Shimano Stella SWB STL 18000 is simply the best spinning reel you can buy for tuna and other big game fish. It will hold 600 yards of 50 lb PowerPro line…forget about mono, it’s just too thick which decreases line capacity. Stick with PowerPro line (braided fiber)or KastKing Super Power braided line. It’s the best you can buy. It will also increase the reel’s line capacity. Here’s a link where you can get the awesome Shimano Stella SWB Spinning Reel….Shimano Stella SWB Spinning Reel at Amazon.com
Here are the Stella SWB Spinning Reel Specifications
- High end offshore saltwater spinning reel.
- Retrieve: Reversible, Gear ratio: 5.7:1
- Mono line capacity (lbs/yd): 20/415, 25/340, 30/280
- PowerPro line capacity (lbs/yd): 50/600,65/440,80/360
- Line retrieve per crank: 51 inch
- Max. drag force: 55 lbs
- Weight: 30.90 ounce
- Bearings: 14 S ARB and 1 roller bearing