The best inshore saltwater spinning reel is the Penn Slammer III. Penn has been making fishing reels since 1932 and they are still around because they are awesome. I have owned and used many Penn reels and they always brought in the fish.
Penn Slammer III Spinning Reel Product Video
If you’re ready to start shopping for a Penn Slammer III, here is a link….Shop Now at Amazon.com
Why the Penn Slammer III is the best inshore saltwater spinning reel
- New cutting edge technology
- New Slammer Sealed Drag System – tough and indestructible
- Proprietary Dura-Drag washers – special drag washer material applies max drag
- 7+1 sealed stainless steel bearings
- Full metal body, sideplate and rotor – maximum strength and duability
- CNC Gear Technology
- IPX6 sealed body and spool design – keeps saltwater out
- Mono Line Capacity Model 10500 (yards/lb): 432/30, 360/40, 255/50
- Braided Line Capacity Model 10500 (yards/lb): 845/50, 780/65, 540/80
- Winner of Best Saltwater Reel Category ICAST 2016
- Beautiful design and appearance (black and gold)
Watch the Penn Slammer III Spinning Reel in Action.
Whether you’re fishing from a jetty, shoreline, kayak, Boston Whaler or fishing peer, the Penn Slammer III can handle anything you can hook from sharks to striped bass to halibut and tuna. It’s a very strong and reliable spinning reel like all Penn reels. You can never go wrong with a Penn reel. They are still made in Philadelphia, PA.
I have read hundreds of reviews and watched 30 or 40 fishing videos where the Penn Slammer II was the reel in use. They are awesome. Anglers that use them love them. The drag system is tops and wears down some of the biggest fish without burning up or failing. It’s a really tough reel.