The best budget saltwater spinning reel is the Penn Pursuit II spinning reel. It retails for $39.99 – $59.99 depending on the model. Penn makes some really great fishing reels and the Pursuit II is a winner. It’s a reliable and well made spinning reel that is a real bargain at $39.99. It’s super light with a Graphite body that is strong and corrosion proof. It doesn’t get any better for saltwater fishing. The model 3000 works well with line weights of 6-10 lb while the largest Pursuit II, the 8000, commands 20-30 lb line.
Penn Pursuit II Spinning Reel Product Video
You can shop for the Penn Pursuit II Spinning Reel here….Shop Now at Amazon.com
Penn Pursuit II Spinning Reel Features
- Graphite body with metal side plate and graphite rotor
- Machined and anodized aluminum spool with Line Capacity Rings
- Oiled felt drag system
- Instant Anti-Reverse
- 4 shielded stainless steel ball bearings
- Available in 5 sizes (3000-8000)
- Smooth retrieves
- Reliable gear and drag systems
- Black and Silver color scheme
- Low price tag (39.99 – 59.99)
- Best budget saltwater spinning reel
The Penn Pursuit II Spinning Reel can handle saltwater fish ranging from 2 lb flounder to 80 lb Blackfin Tuna. It’s a tough reel with good line capacity and a fantastic drag system. You can’t go wrong with a Penn reel. They have been around since 1932.