What do Charter Boat captains use on their boats for Tuna?
…only the best
The best Bluefin Tuna fishing reels are the following:
- Shimano Talica
- Shimano Tiagura
- Penn International V – used more often than any other tuna reel
- Tika ST Series
- Avet EXW50 – best value tuna reel
- Fin-Nor Santiago
Tuna Reel Benefits
- Huge Line Capacity – wear out larger fish without loosing them
- Heavy Duty Drag – wears out large fish faster without failure
- Heavy Duty Gears – failure free reeling even with 800 lb large tuna
- Anodized Exterior – corrosion free fishing
- 2 Speed – reel in line faster (high gear) when tension is low or use low gear to muscle the fish in
All of these tuna reels are the best there are for battling 800+ lb Bluefin tuna. They all have super heavy duty construction and gears. Line capacities are extreme, upwards of 1000 yards. IGFA fisherman are using some of these reels today and the reason is…they’re the best money can buy. Don’t go cheap on a Bluefin fishing reel….you will regret it!
Bluefin Tuna are the largest tuna species and can reach 1000+ lbs. If you hook one, it may take 4+ hours to bring it in. The battle is grueling, back braking and endless. Some have given up because his/her body could not stand the punishment.
Penn International V